Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shaker Table Completed!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Well, the Shaker table is now complete and ready for sale! As I mentioned in my previous post, I used 3 coats of a Tung Oil finish followed by thinned coats, about 1-2 lb cuts of shellac; I used about 3 coats on the main part of the table and 5 coats on the top. The shellac was rubbed out with 0000 steel wool and paste wax. I think the oil does a nice job of revealing the stripes in the tiger maple. I know a lot of people like to use a dye to do that, but I think oil works great, its simple and more natural. As this is cherry, the piece will get darker over time and with exposure to sun. So, here it is!

From Shaker Table

From Shaker Table

From Shaker Table

Let me know what you think!

Be Safe!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment